Monday, June 18, 2007

a trip to refershment..

WOW...its been a while...

in the midst of everything..in trying to follow God's path for me. in figuring out where he wants me to go and who he wants me to keep in my life..one of my lil brothers reminded me of thigns that i have failed to put into words in a long, long time. but one thing for sure is to ALWAYS stop to thank, praise and love God..because HE LOVES US. like that quote says: "do not get discouraged - it may be the last key on the ring that opens the door" [Stansifer].

so without further adieu, here is a poem, a servant's heart, written by my dear lil brother Gabe Li.

"My Friend, My Father, My King
This is what my religion means to me
It’s not just something people talk about
It’s a life long journey that only ends
When my time is up and I’m dancing on
White clouds beside my one and only KING.
I’m dancing in heaven beside my King because
This is how I show my love for my King who
Gave his life on the cross so that I could be free
Shown me forgiveness when I stumble
Given me strength in time of need
This kind of love is unheard of in the world today
A love that I don’t deserve, one that won’t ever be matched
Not even by my future wife and that too is given by his love
I’m so glad I’m part of this it’s the best decision I ever made
What’s even greater this love is for everyone
The unloved, Criminals, Enemies
His love never runs dry it’s there every moment of my life
Now you can see why I call him
My Friend, My Father, MY KING!"

reflect on the words...where IS your heart? Wheres God's place in your heart? in your life? its not gonna be hard to trust God with your all..but try it.. much like how i had to learn (and still learning) to give up my ideal, fairy-tale life..with the happily ever after as soon as i meet my prince..some things are harder to deal with...the longer the wait, the sweeter the wine.

No comments: