Tuesday, March 30, 2004

URGH! no more math!!!!! please!!!!!

anyone seen my banana clip?? sammi? do you know where it is?? i...uh.. misplaced it...haha.. the ONE moment i can get my hair to work for it, it decides its gonna go for a walk... *sigh*

what else? oh yeah. i live with crazy people... dun ask... house 202 is on crack or something.. maybe even dry wall... haha... remember those days tabbies? haha. oh boy. those were WACKED times man...

anyways.. i got 2 emails today that were important. 1 was just silly and made me laugh.. something i needed.. if you want it, tell me.. i shall send it to ya... its not one of those"lets post it up" things... cuz its pics after pics after pics... and yeah... my blog doesnt like my pics or SOMETHING.. *sigh* and the other email? it was something God sent. here. this one is ALL words.. so maybe it'll actually show up :P <-- at blogger. haha...warning tho.. its LONG... :D

There once was a man named George Thomas, pastor in a small New England town. One Easter Sunday morning he came to the Church carrying a rusty, bent, old bird cage, and set it by the pulpit. Eyebrows were raised and, as if in response, Pastor Thomas began to speak..."I was walking through town yesterday when I saw a young boy coming toward me swinging this bird cage. On the bottom of the cage were three little wild birds, shivering with cold and fright. I stopped the lad and asked, "What you got there, son?" "Just some old birds," came the reply.

"What are you gonna do with them?" I asked.

"Take 'em home and have fun with 'em," he answered. "I'm gonna tease 'em and pull out their feathers to make 'em fight. I'm gonna have a real good time." "But you'll get tired of those birds sooner or later. What will you do?"

"Oh, I got some cats," said the little boy. "They like birds. I'll take 'em to them."

The pastor was silent for a moment. "How much do you want for those birds, son?"

"Huh?? !!! Why, you don't want them birds, mister. They're just plain old field birds. They don't sing. They ain't even pretty!"

"How much?" the pastor asked again.

The boy sized up the pastor as if he were crazy and said, "$10?"

The pastor reached in his pocket and took out a ten dollar bill. He placed it in the boy's hand. In a flash, the boy was gone.

The pastor picked up the cage and gently carried it to the end of the alley where there was a tree and a grassy spot. Setting the cage down, he opened the door, and by softly tapping the bars persuaded the birds out, setting them free.

Well, that explained the empty bird cage on the pulpit, and then the pastor began to tell this story.

One day Satan and Jesus were having a conversation. Satan had just come from the Garden of Eden, and he was gloating and boasting. "Yes, sir, I just caught the world full of people down there. Set me a trap, used bait I knew they couldn't resist. Got 'em all!"

"What are you going to do with them?" Jesus asked.

Satan replied, "Oh, I'm gonna have fun! I'm gonna teach them how to marry and divorce each other, how to hate and abuse each other, how to drink and smoke and curse. I'm gonna teach them how to invent guns and bombs and kill each other. I'm really gonna have fun!"

"And what will you do when you get done with them?" Jesus asked. "Oh, I'll kill 'em," Satan glared proudly. "How much do you want for them?" Jesus asked.

"Oh, you don't want those people. They ain't no good. Why, you'll take them and they'll just hate you. They'll spit on you, curse you and kill you. You don't want those people!!"

"How much?" He asked again.

Satan looked at Jesus and sneered, "All your blood, tears and your life."

Jesus said, "DONE!"

Then He paid the price.

The pastor picked up the cage he opened the door and he walked from the pulpit.

Notes:
Isn't it funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.

Isn't it funny how someone can say "I believe in God" but still follow Satan (who, by the way, also "believes" in God).

Isn't it funny how you can send a thousand jokes through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing?

Isn't it funny how when you go to forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it to them.

Isn't it funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me than what God thinks of me.
its a famaliar story for me. my mother had sent this to me a while ago. but it didnt hit me as much today. if you thought THIS was long... there was more to the email. as i scrolled back up, through the lines and lines of text, something caught my eye. it was the verse from Phillipians 4:13. for those of you that dun wanna look it up, here it is. in MANY different translations.. because each translation will strike a different chord in your heart, each will speak to you differently.
~ I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (NIV)
~ I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. (NASB)
~ Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. (MSG)
~ I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].(AMP)
~ For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. (NLT)
~ I can do all things because Christ gives me the strength.(NLV)
~ Christ gives me the strength to face anything. (CEV)
and having that caught my eye in my time of desperation and fustration and wanting to give up, i became curious. i wanted to know why this verse of all verses was mentioned. it said
God, when I received this e-mail, I thought...
I don't have time for this... And, this is really inappropriate during work.

Then, I realized that this kind of thinking is... Exactly, what has caused lot of the problems in our world today.

We try to keep God in church on Sunday morning...

Maybe, Sunday night...

And, the unlikely event of a midweek service.

We do like to have Him around during sickness...

And, of course, at funerals.

However, we don't have time, or room, for Him during work or play...

Because... That's the part of our lives we think... We can, and should, handle on our own.

May God forgive me for ever thinking...

That... there is a time or place where...

HE is not to be FIRST in my life.

We should always have time to remember all HE has done for us.

If, You aren't ashamed to do this...

Please follow the directions.

Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father."

Not ashamed?

Pass this on ONLY IF YOU MEAN IT!!

Yes, I do Love God.

HE is my source of existence and Savior.

He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I will be nothing. Without Him, I am nothing. But, with Christ, HE strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)
so for those of you who are like me and wanting to just thow in the towel and give up? dont. the fight has JUST begun. *fearce look* haha.. oks.. so my "fearce" look isnt so fearce... haha.. but hey. i tried! in the words of william hung which my father loves to repeat, "i tried my best, i have no regrets" haha...

No comments: